Saturday, August 17, 2013

Yokohoma Geolander M/T Review

I'm gonna go ahead and do a little review here: Recently I just got new tires, went from a set of Yokohoma Geolander M/T's to a set of Nitto Mud Grappler M/T's. So I'll be reviewing the Yokohoma's right now.. I can say for the price of them they definitely exceeded my expectations. Comparable tires are a couple hundred more.

For tread life, being only rotated three times, I still was able to get over 45k out of them (this is on a 1/2 ton truck). Rain performance was to be as expected, they grip good and don't break free easily. However in snow they really shined. I have a 2wd truck, and where driving through 6-10" of snow should have been next to impossible, it did perfectly fine. The only problem I had was in reverse because they have a directional tread pattern, but other than that they took me places in snow that probably wouldn't have been reachable. Noise wise, they weren't too loud at all. I'd say a little bit louder than your average A/T tire. I think that's about all I can say on these tires right now, hopefully this helps someone in the future who may look at these tires!

No comments:

Post a Comment